(ISC)² WOMEN’S CYBERSECURITY SCHOLARSHIPS
(ISC)² WOMEN’S SCHOLARSHIPS WILL OPEN FEBRUARY 15, 2019!
Applications will close on April 15, 2019 at 11:59 PM EST
Award/No Award notifications will be emailed mid-June
Awards will be sent to schools in July 2019
Up to ten scholarships will be awarded. Each scholarship award will be between $1,000 – $6,000
Scholarships to inspire women to join the ever-growing field of Information Security
The application period for the (ISC)² Women’s Scholarships will open on Feb. 15, 2019.
You may also wish to apply for the (ISC)² Graduate Cybersecurity Scholarship, or (ISC)² Undergraduate Cybersecurity Scholarship, which are open to both women and men. The Graduate Scholarship opens to applications on Nov. 1, 2018, and the Undergraduate Scholarship opens to applications beginning January 1, 2019.
(ISC)² WOMEN’S SCHOLARSHIP APPLICANTS: CLICK HERE TO APPLY
You will need to submit an application for the Undergraduate or Graduate Scholarships in order to be considered for one of those awards, applications will NOT be automatically transferred. You will be able to import your application information and documents directly into the Undergraduate or Graduate application. Just click on the link for the appropriate scholarship and look for the import button on the top right of your dashboard. Learn how to apply
(ISC)² WOMEN’S CYBERSECURITY SCHOLARSHIPS
CENTER FOR CYBER SAFETY AND EDUCATION
- Must be pursuing, or plan to pursue, a degree with a focus on cybersecurity or information assurance.”
- You may be a senior in high school, an undergraduate student, graduate or post graduate student to be eligible.”
- GPA must be at least 3.3 on a 4.0 scale (or an analogous rank based on a comparable scale).
- You may be a citizen of any country (US citizenship not required).
- May be attending on campus or online.
- May be attending full time or part time
- May be attending in the US or Internationally
- You do not currently need to be enrolled, however no awards will be disbursed until the recipient is enrolled in a college or university.
- If awarded: the funds will be sent to the school with instructions that it be applied to tuition, fees and books.
What You Will Need
- Unofficial transcripts from your current (or most recent) educational institution. If awarded; no funds will be disbursed until official transcripts have been received.
- One Letter of Recommendation outlining the following:
- How long have you known the applicant and in what capacity?
- What skills or abilities does the applicant have that will support him/her in completing a degree?
- What other information about the applicant should be taken into consideration?
- NOTE: Academic references are preferred; however, you may submit a professional letter of reference addressing the points above.
- Resume/CV – No more than 3 pages maximum. Do not include links to publications.
- Essay questions to be filled out in application::
- Tell us why you should be chosen to receive this (ISC)² Cybersecurity Scholarship and what makes you stand out from your peers?
- Describe why you need the scholarship.
- Describe your personal and education backgrounds.
- Describe why you chose your major and your goals for your academic career. What makes you a candidate for success in information security and what are your goals for your professional career.
- Describe any contributions to the cybersecurity field i.e., volunteer work, articles, etc., and any other hobbies or extracurricular activities and what they mean to you. (Do not include links to articles)
- Please tell us anything else you would like us to know about you.
Scoring Criteria Applicants will be scored by members of (ISC)² and scholarship sponsors (if applicable). Scoring will be based upon three categories:
- Financial Need
NOTE: Not all applicants will receive a scholarship. Scholarships are a one-time award and must be re-applied for each year in order to be considered for another scholarship. No Scholarship awards will be paid until July 2019.
All scholarships are administered by the Center for Cyber Safety and Education
Inquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 727-493-3587