(ISC)² Quantico Chapter Scholarship Applicant Information
(ISC)² Quantico Chapter Scholarship
- Applications Open November 1, 2018
- Applications Close December 10, 2018 11:59 PM EST
- Number of awards: One
- Amount of award: $1,000
- Must currently be in a senior in high school, an undergraduate or graduate student.
- Must be in good standing with your educational institution.
- Must live in one of the following Virginia counties or cities: Stafford, Spotsylvania, Fredericksburg, Prince William, King George, Fauquier, Rappahannock, Manassas, Manassas Park, Madison, Culpeper, Frederick, Warren, Clarke, Page, Shenandoah, Greene, Louisa, Orange, Caroline, Alexandria, Arlington, Loudoun, Fairfax, Blacksburg, Falls Church, Charlottesville, and Albermarle. NOTE: Undergraduate students may be attending schools outside of these areas as long as their permanent home address is one of the cities or counties listed above.
- Must be planning on attending college or university within one year if you are a senior in high school and are awarded a scholarship.
- You must plan to include a focus on cybersecurity, information assurance or similar fields in your undergraduate or graduate studies.
- Unofficial transcripts
- One Letter of Recommendation
- Essay (no more than two pages and should be double spaced)
- Describe what makes you stand out from other applicants, and why you should be chosen to receive this Center for Cyber Safety and Education Scholarship.
- Describe why you need the scholarship.
- Describe your personal and education backgrounds.
- Describe why you chose your major and what makes you a candidate for success in information security.
- Describe your goals for your academic career and in your professional career.
- Describe hobbies or extracurricular activities and what they mean to you
NOTE: Awards will be paid directly to the college or university in July 2019 with instructions that funds be applied to tuition, fees and books.