Engility CyberWarrior ScholarshipThe Engility CyberWarrior Scholarship is a program created to help returning military veterans reenter the civilian workforce by offering cybersecurity certification training scholarships.
Engility CyberWarrior Scholarship Applicants: CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Applications Open August 1, 2018 and Close September 24, 2018!!
The Four (4) recipients of the Engility CyberWarrior Scholarship will each receive an (ISC)² Certification Exam Voucher and EDU Package consisting of the following:
- One (ISC)² certification exam voucher of the recipient’s choice: CISSP, CSSLP, CCSP, HCISPP, SSCP or CAP
- Hardcover or digital textbook
- Hardcover or digital study guide
- Practice tests
- (ISC)² Direct in person seminar or Live Online seminar (as available). Travel and lodging not included.
NOTE: Availability of study tools and seminars is determined by certification chosen, location and other events beyond our control.
Engility CyberWarrior Scholarship Eligibility
- Must be honorably discharged from one of the five branches of the United States Military by 10/26/18 when scoring ends.
- Applicants may have been discharged from the military at any time prior to 10/26/18.
- Those currently serving in the National Guard or as a Reservist are eligible for consideration of award.
- Those with an existing (ISC)² Certification are eligible to apply.
- Engility and (ISC)² employees are not eligible to apply.
What You Will Need
- Resume (3 page maximum)
- You will need to answer the following three questions within the application (max 500 words each)
- Why are you passionate about the cybersecurity field?
- What experience/s do you have that’s relevant to the cybersecurity field? What sets you apart from other applicants?
- Why do you need this scholarship and how will receiving this scholarship help you achieve your goals?
- (OPTIONAL) One Letter of Recommendation outlining the following:
- How long have you known the applicant and in what capacity?
- What skills or abilities does the applicant have that will support him/her in attaining a certification?
- What other information about the applicant should be taken into consideration?
- Note: This letter may be from a current or previous supervisor, co-worker or mentor.
Applicants will be scored by members of (ISC)², which may include active/inactive military members, and appropriate Engility personnel.
Scoring will be based upon three categories:
- Passion – 25%
- Merit – 25%
- Financial Need – 50%
NOTE: Recipients will have one year to take their certification exam. Not all applicants will receive a scholarship.
All scholarships are administered by the Center for Cyber Safety and Education
Inquiries can be sent to email@example.com or call 727-493-3587